Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Not My Design Wall, But What I am Working on Today

I am basting the Baltimore Blue quilt so that I can hand quilt without a hoop or frame. Normally, for a small quilt top I will just spray baste, but since this is rather large, I am afraid it may shift some with all the adjusting in my lap. So I started out spray basting to put it on the floor frame, shoulders couldn't handle all the stretching for that, so then I decided I would use the hoop, to large and uncomfortable for the shoulders too, so now I will lap quilt without anything lol. I use the Sharon Schamber method to baste where she uses the two pieces of wood. It works really well for all sizes however I don't use it for baby quilts. They are small enough I usually just spray baste them. Here is a picture of the basting in progress. I am right at half finished with the basting.


Edited: I am not able to replace the lost pictures. sorry but there are newer pictures in a more recent post of the blocks.

No comments: