Thursday, March 10, 2016

Busy Morning and New Tool Review

This morning I met hubby at the orthopedic surgeon for his 6 months visit. He isn't ready to have the reverse replacement surgery so Workers Comp requires he go every 6 months to keep the case open. Everything was still as it was last time so that's good.

Came home and started chicken wings in the crockpot for supper. Hopefully the nasty storms won't knock out our electricity. I didn't think about that when I defrosted the chicken yesterday. Oh well if it goes out I will finish in the power cooker tonight.

Ate breakfast, did devotional, next up is dishes from breakfast and quilt. I am still trying to finish up the surprise quilt for grandson. They know he is getting a quilt but not the pattern, etc. I promise plenty of pictures of it once he gets it in May for his birthday. Once this one is finished I will have lots of updates as I will be working on lots of other projects.

Here is my latest tool. I really like it. Due to RA in most of my body (diagnosed at 3 with it in 98% of my body. My grandma had it really bad), my hands don't always play right closing pins to baste for hand quilting.

It's called the Kwik Klip and why did I wait so long to get one??? A lot of you probably already use it, but I used it on grandson's quilt for the first time a few days ago. I love it!!

Keep us in good thoughts, prayers, whatever you can, we are in south Louisiana and starting today they are predicting up to 10" of rain over the next few days. I am praying for all of you who are in the projected areas also.


3 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Absolutely my most used tool (besides scissors) in my quilting room! Love it!

The Joyful Quilter said...

It's the BEST tool for closing those basting pins. NEVER want to do that job without my Kwik Klip!!!

Kaja said...

I've never seen one of those before - it looks brilliant.