Sunday, January 3, 2016

Stash busting?

Is it really possible? To end up with less fabric after a project than you had before? I aim to find out this year.

Here are the "rules" I have set for myself.

Before buying any fabric other than backings and sometimes backgrounds,  I have to search through ALL my fabric in all the holding places, some in plain sight, alot not in plain sight. If there is nothing that will work, I can buy exactly how much I think I will need. NO EXTRA even if I love it. (that will be the hard part).

I must make a dent in my many yards of Ricky Tims hand dyes. Those are the fabrics I have a hard time cutting into.

I must add the leftover fabrics from my Baltimore Blue quilt to the stash and stop saving it for something special.

How will I reward myself if I stick to it? Well I will buy more fabric of course silly. LOL. At least then I will have a place to store it.

Check out A Quarter Inch from the Edge . She started it lol.

7 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

I know exactly what you mean! I did not buy any Ricky fabrics because I knew I would never be able to use them :)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

You go girl! :)
I am pretty much on the same page :)

Paula DiMattei said...

I have a bunch of Ricky's hand dyes too. I bought 2 scrap bags from him a, bit ago when they were on sale. I'm hoping that using the scrap bags might give me the courage to cut into the yardage of Ricky's hand dyes that I also own. Such a challenge...

Kaja said...

Good luck!

VivJM said...

Good luck with the stash busting! It's so hard to resist buying lovely new fabric though isn't it?

Denise :) said...

You can do it!! It's very similar to the challenge I gave myself for 2015 ... I was astounded to realize at the end of the year, I'd purchased less than 10 yards! Of course, I hadn't done a whole lot, either, but that's besides the point! LOL! :)

Jenn @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge said...

Thanks for spreading the word on The Year if the Stash! I hope you'll link up your manifesto and perhaps some projects to the stash link-up on February 14th!